Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.

To: HAVOCDEAN@aol.com, Hottvr@aol.com, GSMnow@aol.com, Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.
From: Jkinser77@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 07:36:10 EDT
In a message dated 7/22/00 10:06:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
HAVOCDEAN@aol.com writes:

<< don't waste time and money making the same mistakes as they did, I.E
making
 your learning curve that much quicker.

          I am so grateful that when I started autoxing in 1985, that the
help
 of experienced driver's and LISTENED to and work with the priceless advice I
 received from them. I oue 99% of my sucess to them!!!!!!!!

         I still go back to school often to try and stay as sharp as I can.
 Hell, I feel, Let Ford, GM, Chrysler and all the rest build the car and let
 me see just how much it will take!!!!!!!!!!!!  >>

I can say this for Dean and alot of the instructors for Evolution Performance
Driving School...when any of these guys have been in some frustrating moments
at events...when they are looking for those few tenths for that win...it's
not the quick tweaking on the car they do...it's the school stuff that they
teach, the basic stuff we ALL tend to fall back on, fall behind, the simple
driving facts to pick up hundreths here and there that they rely on and it
works....ask them when they have just won their Pro, Tour, Nationals...you
won't hear "It's that notch I turned up on my shocks.." or it's the valving
on my shocks I adjusted"....they will say I tied to give up a little more
here so I could be on the gas all the way though that part"  or "I just tried
getting on the gas a bit sooner and turning a bit earlier, brakiing a bit
earlier"

Jean Kinser
(Little Hitler to the instructors  (LOL)
Owner Evolution Perfromance Driving School