RE: Was nutty ESP - now Classing cars vs. people

To: "'Isley, Jason C.'" <JIsley@cell1.com>,
Subject: RE: Was nutty ESP - now Classing cars vs. people
From: Jeff Winchell <jwinchell@Giftspot.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:41:17 -0700
But I thought people said the driver was all-important.

I guess that's not the case. So let's just compare driver/car combo as a
whole and we'll use the 1st place F Stock entry rather than Scotty's finish:

1st Place ESP (M3)     110.519 PAX 90.847
2nd Place ESP (M3)     111.689 PAX 91.808
3rd Place ESP (PonyCar)112.168 PAX 92.202
4th Place ESP (M3)     114.794 PAX 94.361
1st Place F Stocker    117.335 PAX 94.689

Perhaps it's the FS class that is lame? Or maybe, just maybe, ESP wasn't
broke so we didn't need the M3 to fix it.

BTW, that 4th place M3 driver wasn't Todd Green. It was an even more unknown
driver. But perhaps there are just lots of unknown M3 drivers who happen to
be getting real good, real fast this year.