Re: Shotz's WS-6 Prep Level (was RE: Uh oh, M3s in ESP)

To: Jeff@Winchell.Com, "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shotz's WS-6 Prep Level (was RE: Uh oh, M3s in ESP)
From: bob1 <bob1@sns-access.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 18:37:52 -0700
Jeff...

I have an M3... I know I'll never put it in any SP class.
So I really don't care. But your campaign to target that car seems unfair.  I
was
just calling the question as to how a nationally compeitive car can have factory
shocks, sway-bars and bushings in an SP class. Obviously poly bushings in the
rear
would help the "too-much torque" problem too.
Why don't you be more positive and suggest something besides "put it in BSP"?
Why does it have to compete against two-seater sports cars ? BSP =
Corvette/Zcar,
CSP =Miatta, CR-X/MR-2, DSP = X1/9, FSP =  ? Porsche 912 ? MG triumph?  Looks
like
ESP is the one big-car SP class.  There's probably a couple more in there that
could
give you trouble if prepared like Bob T's.
Do you realize the S2000 is at least as much of a potential overdog in AS
(stock M3 class), and the Type R, same thing in GS against 328i ?  I thought
team.net has a ban on this discussion since those old debates went nowhere....
Maybe if we allow SFC in ESP it would make it more even ... :)
Robert Larson