Re: SCCA Spokesperson...... :-)

To: oblique@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: SCCA Spokesperson...... :-)
From: Jeff Lloyd <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: 27 May 2000 18:32:37 -0700
I am considering how to support the tire companies that work to make our sport
better.. I run hoosiers so I figured I would buy their street tires, untill I
found they are just rebadged Kelly-Springfield tires..

I was let down, I told Hoosier if they ever make a REAL hoosier street tire I
will be their first customer.

now they DID say they have plans in the skunkworks for a STS tire, a super
sticky High performance tire with REAL useable tread and of course a 140
treadwear rating..

none of this has been made offical, yet..  but the Representitive told me their
innital plans was to base it on the 3s03 line with a little reinforcement, so
if it ever materalizes it will be light.. I guess they are waiting to see if
STS will remain a class...

I'm dreuling just thinking 'bout them

Jeff Lloyd
Hoosiers all around despite they do not build their own street tires...