Re: site loss

To: "Tom_Holt" <tholt@ccsi.com>, "Pat Kelly" <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: site loss
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:33:54 -0500
Tom_Holt wrote:

>This was not caused by CP cars or ESP cars or Karts... It
> was caused by running 133 different cars through the course 5
times each!

Yep. Seen it happen myself.

> 665 runs will destroy a thin sealer coat on any lot, regardless
of the cars,
> be it Miata, Neons, Camaros or karts

You're right. And, if the site owner has just paid to have fresh
sealer AND new parking space lines put down, he's not gonna be
pleased to see lots of wear in one day. There's not much you can
do in this situation to prevent the wear from occurring.

> The damage was minimal at the start
> line and most prominant at the tighter turns.

Was the damage to the pavement itself, or primarily to the sealer
coat and lines?

>HOWEVER....our club has been VERY
> active in raising money for a scholarship fund in the name of
one of our
> past members who was an alumnus of the university. At last
count over
> $20,000 in the seven years since Steve's death. Our club has
been on the
> President's or Vice President's List of contributors every
year.

Well, it may be that you guys can get the site back sometime in
the future. It sure sounds like you have a good relationship with
the owner.

Jay