Re: Flipping Kumho's

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flipping Kumho's
From: LJ Boardman <webdoc@portone.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 11:38:00 -0400
At 10:46 AM 05/22/00, you wrote:
>Can I flip my Kumho's on the rims?  I have read on the autox list that some
>people are flipping the Kumho's.  Is this considered save and recommended to
>extend the life of these tires?
>
>Thanks,
>Joe T
>99 Civic Si
  Yes you can.  I flipped mine after about 12 events and have since run 6
more.  The only issue is that they are now getting hard.  I've been waiting
for them to wear out but they refuse. (Maybe it's because I have a new set
waiting to put on.)  Just be a bit careful on the first run after flipping
them, that edge is less scuffed and can be a bit slippery in the first few
corners.

Larry Boardman
F/S 98 Z-28 Camaro
Connecticut Autocross & Rally Team