Re: Worcester Telegram & Gazette

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Worcester Telegram & Gazette
From: "Mike Healy" <mapman1138@interaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 21:38:17 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Kelly, Katie <kkelly@spss.com>
To: team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 6:30 PM

> Call me nuts, but I can appreciate the author's point of view.
>
> Katie

You're nuts! ;o)

I can appreciate the author's POV, too - but until somebody can show me how
to judge when risk is acceptable and when it's not, I'm gonna call the
article what it is: Useless Hand-Wringing. Death happens - get over it.

Others have already alluded to how many good things in life involve risks,
so I won't go into that. All I'm gonna say is that the boy died doing
something that he probably enjoyed, which is more than most of us will be
able to say. Were the author to have his way, we'd all die in hospital beds,
hooked up to millions of dollars in life-support equipment. Is that really
what we want?

Mike "I'll judge what risk is acceptable is to me, not Ralph Nader" Healy