Re: The "K" Tire

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The "K" Tire
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 15:58:44 EDT
Ken "open minded" Mitchell writes:

> They are heavy and you have to break a week and a half earlier than
>  the BFG's.
>
>  They are squishy and the response in quick transitions is slower than
>  molasses than the BFG's.
>
>  They are not fast out of the box as the BFG's

As far as I'm concerned, the jury is out on all of the above.

>  They do last wear longer than the BFG's
>
>  They do seem to be very forgiving than the BFG's
>
>  They are cheaper on cost than the BFG's

After spending $27.00 PER RUN on tires at the Atwater Pro, I know I can't
afford to run BFG's with their currently offered tire.  We'll be setting the
MR2 up for Kumhos this summer.  I think the 205 Kumhos are less than a second
(on a 50 second run) off of the 225 BFGs, with the BFG setup.  Who knows,
maybe they'll be faster than the BFGs when we set the car up for them...

CHD