RE: SOLO 1 - Closed vs Open Cars

To: "'john matthews'" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: SOLO 1 - Closed vs Open Cars
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:10:21 -0500
>>Anyone who wants to use their head as a roll bar will get exactly as much
>protection as they need. ;^)<<

Just to set things straight, I believe this thread was originally about what
constitutes "closed" vs. "open" cars, and had nothing to do with rollbars or
the lack thereof.  In my particular case, I have a rollbar that surpasses SCCA
standards for "closed" cars, but it does not meet the height requirement for
"open" cars.  (If it did, I would never be able to put the top up)  I, and
others, compete in this configuration with other organizations by bolting on
the factory hardtop, thus falling under "closed" car rules.

Is this acceptable per SCCA regulations for Solo I?

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!
'96 Ford SVT Cobra, Mystic #1345/2000 (mostly stock)
'72 Triumph TR-6 OD (mostly modified)
'59 Triumph Model 10 Sedan (mostly in boxes)