Re: The tire thing^n

To: John Whitling <alliancemillsoft@worldnet.att.net>, MBD96@aol.com
Subject: Re: The tire thing^n
From: Paul and Meredith Brown <racers@rt66.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:16:37 -0600
At 09:17 PM 4/22/99 -0400, John Whitling wrote:
>Right off the top of my head here's one example ....
>I think it was the '89 Nationals in Salina when BFG first introduced the 226
>series tires. They were clearly different tires from the ones that had been
>supplied by BFG all year ... specially made for Salina. The powers that be
(not
>you I understand) at the time let those tires run. That was pure politics.
Were
>you running a G stock SVO back then on Generals? In any case I'm sure you
>remember the year and circumstances that I'm referring to.

I think if you look back, the tire rules were changed after that, since I
believe that they met the letter (though clearly not the spirit) of the
April 30 rule as it was then written.  The kept the model name the same.
Poorly written rule, not politics....

Paul and Meredith Brown

MR2:  "Not the easiest car in the world to work on"