Re: Why DOT? Why not slicks?

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: Why DOT? Why not slicks?
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:00:51 -0400

>> Why do we require DOT race tires? Why not allow race slicks too?
>>
>> Good enough for CP, good enough for ESP

> Wait, I thought all SP classes still had to run on DOT approved
> tires like the Stock classes.  Did something change?

*sigh*

"If it (running slicks) is good enough for the guys in CP, then surely it's good
enough on a qualitative basis to allow slicks in ESP, where the cars are very
similar"

Is that more clear?

> Although driving to and from the event on your race tires in any > kind of
moist conditions would suddenly be more work than the
> autox course.  ;^)

Driving to/from events on race rubber is not something that should be
encouraged, especially in the wet.

[The .sig just slightly shorter than War and Peace snipped]

Eric, have you noticed that your .sig is longer than most of your posts? Does
this strike you as odd at all?

DG