Re: Tire wear issues speed ratings

To: wfooshee@csi.com
Subject: Re: Tire wear issues speed ratings
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:21:45 CDT
It seems to me that the only workable tire regulation would be to mandate
a spec tire - which IMHO may be fine for some pro race series, but its not
my idea of the way SCCA Solo should go.

As much as I dread the costlier, shorter-lived g-Farce becoming the
de-facto standard, I accept it as one of several options.  I don't
know how I'll respond to it.  My race budget forces me to maximize
bang-for-the-buck, but I did buy a pair of g-Farces to satisfy my
curiosity.  Kumhos or Toyos could be in my future if I get the
same short-life experience I'm reading about, since spins and lockups are
still a fact of life for me.
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                         Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                              ITDS - TRIS