Re: Oklahoma

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oklahoma
From: John Eagan <johneagan@toltbbs.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 01:01:08 -0700
> we had some exchange students from france. They all thought they we're
> gonna see cowboys and indians. They we're quite shocked to get to Tulsa and
> see that it's a large city with over 650,000 people :p~

...and half of them are either cowboys or indians. Oh, and the indians
all dress like cowboys.

Also a place where the financial spectrum runs from the grimmest dirt
poor squalid poverty to a downtown where people won't even notice you
and your wife with the ankle length fur coat as you climb out of your
Rolls.

(disclaimer:I lived there about a half a year roughly 20 years ago, who
knows what may have changed :-)

Visiting Muskogee left me with the impression that, claims to the
contrary by Merle Haggard nonwithstanding, it's a place where not even
squares can have a ball. On the other hand, reading that they have a
fine autocross site there, maybe things have changed there as well. For
all I know maybe people light big joints on Main Street with their draft
cards these days.

:-)

JLE