Re: Oklahoma

To: John Eagan <johneagan@toltbbs.com>
Subject: Re: Oklahoma
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:37:17 -0500 (EST)
>Visiting Muskogee left me with the impression that, claims to the
> contrary by Merle Haggard nonwithstanding, it's a place where not even
> squares can have a ball. On the other hand, reading that they have a
> fine autocross site there, maybe things have changed there as well.

As a longtime Kansan I can enjoy Okie jokes as much as anyone, and have told
a few myself (ask me about an Okie vasectomy sometime).

But...

I find myself somewhat saddened by a conflict that will cause me to miss
\NeOkla Region's excellent Solotime MiDiv Divisional this year. Also at
Davis Field in Muskogee.

Having been there the past two years, I have to say it is one of the most
enjoyable events of a fine Solo II divisional series.  The people are great,
the site is outstanding, and the dinner at the country club is first rate!
They put on an event any Region would be proud to claim.

So, in the terms an autocrosser would define as having a ball, yes Muskogee is
most definitely a place where that can happen. And does. Be it a Pro Solo (next
year?) or a MiDiv Divisional, you will have a ball in Muskogee.

--Rocky Entriken

>From Rocky Entriken, Salina, Ks.             Ikke sa Hurtig Racing
     R.Entriken@mcimail.com                  #4 DP Spitfire  [Old Fartz #001]
     Phone: 785-827-5143                     Freelance Motorsports Journalist
     FAX:   785-823-0213                 <If I said that, I misquoted myself>
|| "Solo Stats", the archive of the Solo II Nationals, now updated to 1998 ||
||          Yours for $40 shipped, including Your Personal Record          ||
~~~~~~~ also selling Formula V Traction Treatment, $38/gallon shipped ~~~~~~~
re 23