Re: Neons- Quality

To: <PaxsACR@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Neons- Quality
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:38:45 -0400
Thanks for the info, Pax.  That's the only problem anyone's told me about
other than busted motor mounts, which are somewhat common.  Everyone's told
me the same about the warranty, though, which I like.  I've been leary of
Chrysler due to their questionable quality, but if the car's that reliable,
plus they're that good about the warranty, that's big points in their favor.
As someone else pointed out, if BMW suspected I'd been autoxing a 318ti
(another possibility), they'd probably declare it unusual usage and not
cover me.  And here you are with a race prepped Neon and it's still covered.
:)

I'm also keeping in mind that you guys are really running your Neons hard,
whereas at least for starters mine will be a "spirited daily driver,"
something that I can toss around the back roads a bit and not be
disappointed after autocrossing the old BMW the day before.  I'm also
keeping in mind that I could later ditch *gasp!* the old Bimmer and use the
Neon as my lean mean autox machine. Don't let the BMW CCA know I said that,
OK?  Besides, I'd get a BMW as a new daily driver... :)

    - Justin