Re: ST PAX numbers to come

To: "Mark J. Hirt" <nxracer@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: ST PAX numbers to come
From: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:25:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Mark J. Hirt" <nxracer@mediaone.net> wrote:
> The RTP Index is based on a 40 second course. 40 Seconds is more
> a "real world" number as most clubs do not get sites BIG enough
> to run 60 second courses.

Ah hah. That clears that up.

> >  How did you come up with the 1.6 seconds?
>
> The 1.6 second time is actually based on some fact. A fellow
> NX2000 driver on "Street Tires" was around 1.6 seconds slower
> then me on "R" rubber. When driving my car with my "R" tires his
> times were about the same as mine.

If it works for your region, go for it. I don't know of any rigorous
testing that's been done to prove otherwise. However, many people in
SFR, myself included, perceive R tires to be faster than good street
tires (MXX3, SO2, etc) only by around a second, maybe a second and a
half on a 60 second course. YMMV. In fact, YM does V.

Phil Esra