Re: ST PAX numbers to come

To: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: ST PAX numbers to come
From: nxracer@mediaone.net (Mark Hirt)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 19:00:07 -0500
On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 14:52:06 -0700 (PDT), Phil Esra wrote:

>For those who might be interested- regarding the RTP ST index (.776?):
>We used it in SFR for a recent event and found it way too low, judging
>by the stellar indexed performances of ALL of our ST drivers. Something
>closer to E stock would probably be in the ballpark, in my experience.

Phil,
        How did your STR drivers do? I could find the class on the regions
web site. The ST number is based off STR (ST with Race rubber).
        Basically a ST class car should run about 1.6 seconds slower (due
to tire stick) than an STR car. At our 1st event Street Touring was
about 6 seconds off the fastest ES time and the fastest ES time was
turned in by Per Schroeder a top National driver.

At SFR event 6 your top ES car is 6.17 seconds slower than DS.
AT Chi Event 1 our top ES car was .313 seconds slower than DS.

RTP Numbers
ST =  .774 (Street Tired, STR cars)
STR = .814      (ST with D.O.T. Approved "R" tires)
STU = .824

 Mark Hirt

 nxracer@mediaone.net
 http://people.ce.mediaone.net/nxracer

 Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.