Re: Short list of cars with ABS that works

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Short list of cars with ABS that works
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 10:37:27 -0500
My '89 944 Turbo has a very good Bosch ABS system. It saved my ass a
couple of times in the rain at my first PCA club race. Long live ABS!
But in the dry it is definitely a bit of a compromise. I have toned down
my threshold braking so it doesn't actuate. Interestingly, it faults out
of commission on FIA gators. Then the pedal gets longer and you seem to
lose braking effectiveness. Some racers have a dash reset button that
cycles power to the control unit instead of having to turn off the
ignition. But I guess this would only pertain to the offroad
autocrossers out there...

So my vote would be for two cars: One with ABS for the wet and one
without ABS for the dry.

Paul Foster