RE: Short list of cars with ABS that works

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <jblanken@itds.com>
Subject: RE: Short list of cars with ABS that works
From: "Chris and Per Schroeder" <schroede@interaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 06:54:00 -0600
Jeff was working on a list of cars where ABS works well.

I'll add three more to the good list, and one to the bad

Good:
Nearly any BMW
Celica
Audi Quattro A4

Bad:
Volkswagen (specifically, VR6 GTi's)

Sure, a reasonably competent driver can outbrake ABS in a straight
line...add a curve into that,  or make the driver nervous at a big
event...and the extra comfort afforded by a good ABS system really helps.
Courses are not just one braking zone, or one corner...there are multiple
braking points, turns, etc.  So..if the ABS saves you on just one of those
zones, and you've had a killer run elsewhere...It's just saved your ass,
and given you a good run.

I've been convinced in the 5 events that I've had in the Celica w/ ABS.

Per