Re: SD Tour..GS Type R's

To: "autocross list" <autox@autox.team.net>, "Annie Gill" <baby_nsx@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: SD Tour..GS Type R's
From: "Brian Goodwin" <briang@adnc.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:47:52 -0800

>but one thing I haven't seen (but haven't
>made it through all my messages yet) is anyone notice that the fastest
>time of day for GS on Sunday was taken by our speedy buddy Mr. Joe
>Goeke in the 3300lb Audi A4 Quattro

I was there and boy was it great to see an Audi turn the fastest GS time of
the day at a National Tour event!  It was the last run of the GS group and
folks around the results board were already moaning about how the results
proved it was unfair to have the R-type in GS and how the other cars in GS
will never be able to beat it, etc.,etc., and right then Joe turned the
fastest GS time of the day in an Audi.  A bunch of folks got real quiet.....

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing Supply
http://www.good-win-racing.com