Re: WARNING humer alert! tree hugging hippy crap

To: A4autox@aol.com
Subject: Re: WARNING humer alert! tree hugging hippy crap
From: Perry Kincy <kincy@ccnet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 19:19:52 -0800
Seems lots of folks think that the use of emission controls on vehicles is
optional.  Your local, state and national law enforcement officials think
differently.  And of course like the million ton gorilla, they are always right.

I provide the following quote from the EPA webpage:

Section 203(a)(3) of the Clean Air Act (Act) prohibits removal or rendering
inoperative of vehicle emission control equipment
by commercial service establishments or any other person. It also prohibits the
causing of such acts

Even Autoxers, Corvette and Porsche drivers generally can at least be
characterized as being "any other person" <g>

I am sure someone with a quicker search engine than I can download the exact
wording of that subsection of the Clean Air Act along with its appropriate
penalties.

Perry