Re: Weenies and tech responsibilities

To: jamies@mrj.com
Subject: Re: Weenies and tech responsibilities
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 21:43:56 EST
In a message dated 3/2/99 7:31:29 PM Central Standard Time, jamies@mrj.com
writes:

>  Now this was interesting.  Has something changed this year, or is this
>  unique to Tours?  In past years (at least as far up as divisional events),
>  Tech had one responsibility and one only:  insure every car was safe to
run.
>  We were not responsible for making sure the car was correctly classed (or
>  classed at all), legal for the class claimed, or correctly marked.

I dunno, seems like all the National techs I went through checked for req'd
event decals, class and number, etc., but maybe putting 2 + 2 together was
just an incorrect assumption on my part.

Q:  How can they document teching you if the appropriate class and number
isn't listed?

Seems like the appropriate place to check them to me.  And while we're on that
subject, why not have a list of licensed SCCA members and check that list and
drivers licenses at the same time?

Curious George