Weenies and tech responsibilities

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weenies and tech responsibilities
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 20:26:19 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: TeamZ3@aol.com <TeamZ3@aol.com>

>It was the responsibility of Tech to enforce the class listing.

Now this was interesting.  Has something changed this year, or is this
unique to Tours?  In past years (at least as far up as divisional events),
Tech had one responsibility and one only:  insure every car was safe to run.
We were not responsible for making sure the car was correctly classed (or
classed at all), legal for the class claimed, or correctly marked.  In fact,
I can remember going through techs at divisionals without the numbers or
SCCA stickers on the car -- we showed those to the event registrar along
with the rulebook to prove we had 'em, and we were trusted to show up on
grid with everything correctly marked.

Just trying to stay current -- it's been a few years since I even made it to
a divisional event.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing