Buying a Neon

To: "Autocross List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Buying a Neon
From: "Tom Shirley" <tshirley@voyageronline.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:12:20 -0500
My son is interested in buying a new Neon and since there are so many of you
who drive stock class cars, I'd like to poll the collective wisdom.

There are Sport and R/T models available. Which of these two should he
pursue as a good autocross car? What performance options should he order or
try to find? In other words, should he buy a R/T or order the Sport with 4
wheel discs. Is there a trade off in weight by buying the R/T? The car has
to serve as a daily driver too, so the ACR is out. We'd appreciate a rundown
on the best set up.

Tom Shirley    Sale Creek, TN
1982 Royale RP31 Formula Ford
1978 Triumph Spitfire