Re: When's it gonna get warm?

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: When's it gonna get warm?
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:59:24 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>

>><<  And that C.A.R.B is just plain a pain in the butt to hot rodders.  ;^)

and CHuck retorted:

>>And that affects your D/S Neon exactly how?
>
>======================
>It doesn't.  But I also have other automotive interests.  I sure do miss my
>455 cid Cutlass.  I miss being able to run low 12's in the 1/4 mile with 3
>people in the car before I even hit the laughing gas button.  Mmmm, can you
>say "dual Rochesters"?  I'm fairly sure that the folks at C.A.R.B can't.

Sure they can.  It's called "All cars prior to 1974 are exempt from
testing."  And the CARB doesn't seem to be stressing the drag race crowd out
there -- I see plenty of pictures of blown, nitrous-enhanced West Coast cars
on the newstands.

>Oh yeah, oh yeah, well, I can't remember the last time we had a good knock
>down drag out riot here.  Or a good earthquake.  Or freeway shootings.
>Around these parts we just drive by the other homies treailer home to bust
>our caps.  ;^)  It must've been the long winters that drove those other
guys
>crazy.  I think it's starting to affect me, the voices are getting harder
>resist.

Just a different sort of evolution!  Without tornadoes to keep the trailer
parks flattened, both coasts have to find more innovative solutions.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr