Re: Jeff Gordon

Subject: Re: Jeff Gordon
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:48:00 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

> Yeah Ok. But is it a good example? I don't think so. Dale could'nt leave
> his
> mark
> on Daytona any other way. In my eyes it was a cheap shot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe.  What was definately a cheap shot was when Earnhardt (sp?) was
being interviewd on Speedvision (I think.  Might've been ESPN.  It was the
one where he was there all week.)

They asked him what he thought various drivers.  His response to Gordon
was "He's got a lot of money".  After being asked for his serious
response, he again said "He's got a lot of money."

I lost any respect for him right there.  I dunno much about how Gordon got
to where he is (didn't daddy buy him rides?), but there's no questioning
that he's at the top of the Nascar game when it comes to driving.

Mark