Re: Jeff Gordon

To: <Hottvr@aol.com>, <Rm84fm@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jeff Gordon
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 23:27:26 -0800
>Yeah Ok. But is it a good example? I don't think so. Dale could'nt leave
his
>mark
>on Daytona any other way. In my eyes it was a cheap shot!!!!!!!!!!!!
=================
It was rather "unprofessional" for a large venue like NASCAR.  But I'm sure
Jeff got the point nonetheless.  ;^)

>How would you like it if someone gave you a "Love tap" at a Club race?
"Hey dude >just relax it was just a"Love tap on your Vee" So you would know
TLS was here.

>I don't think so
>
>This has no place in NASCAR
>
>Just my opinion
>
>Mike B. TLS#1
========================
Agreed.  But of course with any type of open wheeled race cars, like Vees,
if you find it necessary to give your competitor a "love tap" you'd probably
want to find another way to do it so as to not flip a fellow racer's car in
the name of fun.

I've always espoused that there are 4 things of your fellow man's that you
should NEVER "play" with.  His car, his wife, his house and his dog.  Not
necessarily in that order.  But of course boys will be boys.

Also, does it look any more professional to go do doughnuts on the grass
after a major win?  I don't think so but hey, opinions vary.

I would still however love to see one of those NASCAR theme parks with all
the neat go-carts open up near our new track.  I do hope that once our
NASCAR track opens up that we'll have a "home" track (lot) for the local
autocross clubs.

What about any other cities out there that have a big NASCAR style
facilities and active SCCA clubs?  Are they open to helping out fellow
racers from the home town?

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13