Re: Tiny bubbles...o...o....o....o.....o...

To: rsmith@bfmni.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiny bubbles...o...o....o....o.....o...
From: SlyFoxRc@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:02:00 EST
In a message dated 2/9/99 4:24:31 PM Pacific Standard Time, rsmith@bfmni.com
writes:

<< Yes I have heard the same thing about silicone based brake fluids.
Something
 about the compressibility of the base fluid. >>
Racer Robb:
I went to the URL you listed and read what it had to say about the
"compressibility" of brake fluid.  As I suspected it was talking about
the compressibility of the fluid after it reaches it's boiling point, hence
introducing gas (which is compressible) into the fluid.  It went on to say
that with silicone fluids it is hard to deliver the fluid into the system
without introducing air bubbles at the same time, once again adding
to the compressibility of the fluid.  My point earlier was that the fluid, be
it glycol based or silicone based is not compressible in its fluid state, only
when it has boiled or had some form of gas introduced into it.
Tracy Sandberg
Sly Fox Racing