Re: CM F2000

To: Jim and Rose Ann <garryj@localnet.com>,
Subject: Re: CM F2000
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:21:01 -0600
Jim:

I checked the 03 June Sprints results.  At Road America, about as HP
demanding a track as there is, the fastest FF (95 Citation) was only 6.4
seconds slower than the fastest FC (95 Citation with almost no wing dialed
in).  Fastest laps were 2:17.3 (104.8 mph) vs. 2:23.7 (100.2 mph).

That said, I think we are really comparing apples to oranges.  Road racing
is not the same as Solo II. :-)

IMHO, we should be looking for ways to make a Continental a viable choice
in BM.  At least make it competitive amongst the formula cars.  BM could
use new competitors and CM is not in serious trouble.  How about 1,110 Min.
weight and any tire/wheel combination.  These allowances can be easily
undone to sell the car to a road racer so the value of the car isn't
compromised.

Of course, some will not agree.

Greg Scharnberg