Re: Brakes binding and overheating

To: CANISDOG@AOL.COM, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes binding and overheating
From: Paul Heuer <paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:00:42 +1030
Haha, I had the same symptoms as Al on ONE front brake on my S3.
Flexible hose looked OK on the outside, but inside it was gummed up. The
booster FORCES fluid through, but there is nothing at the caliper to
FORCE it back, so the brake binds until the fluid can oooooze back at
it's own speed. New hoses fixed it.

Al said he replaced lines and hoses though, so it sounds like a booster
problem.
Cheers,
Paul.