Re: rpms vs. mph

To: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>, Alpine list <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rpms vs. mph
From: Scott Donnelly <oharajem@free.midcoast.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:33:20 -0400
Your comment on Brian Shilt's SV being undrivable on the highway leads me to
believe that I have a 4.22 rear end. Driving by ear at 50-55 mph I feel that
the engine is quite busy and may infact be nearing its red line. How available
are 3.89 rear ends? If I were to swap, I'd also be interested in widening
the track. Could I accomplish all of this with an alternate axle, say from a
Mustang II or Ford Ranger?
Scott Donnelly
SV