Re: tire choices

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire choices
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:19:53 -0700
Joe---Take a look at the GOODYEAR EAGLE tire. I have these (on the
front). They are H-rated, with a temperature and wear rating of "A".
(More A's mean more stick and wear faster)  Like most tires that are
more for performance, these Eagles have a tread pattern that is
directional.
The cost two years ago was close to $80 mounted and balanced. Got them
at "Just Tires".

Dick

From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com Date: Wed,

I need to replace my tires. I was generally pleased with Yoko Avid T4s
in 205/70/15, but I'd like some more "stick" I'm willing to lose some
longevity, in favor of increased performance (I like to autocross
occasionally) and I never drive in the rain or snow. I've got wire
wheels, so I can't go beyond 205 in width. To get into a better
performing category, I need to go a little shorter tire. There are a lot
more performance tires (@ tire rack) in the 65 series as compared to the
taller 205/70 . I don't want to spend more than $70.00. Has anybody used
the new Yoko AVS dB S2? Any other favorites? BTW what is "traction
rating"? How does "A" compare to "AA"? Joe Davis