Click Noise in front when braking...

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Click Noise in front when braking...
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:10:43 +0000
I have only been driving the TR6 ('76) once and a while during the last
year, mainly
due to shoulder surgery imparing my shifting. (go figure)
problem: one single 'click' noise when applying the brakes. i think it is
the drivers side.
i don't think it is the PDWA. I looked at the brake pads (i think those are
fairly new)
the pins are in place to hold the pads still. i have fairly new rotors - not
sure if that has anything
to do with this. (doubtful)

i am wondering if the caliper is maybe sticking on one side and the pad that
doesn't get pressed
against the rotor may then move slightly. i dunno know. how does one check
if the caliper is sticking?

oh, the brakes do feel a little ... what's the word...not good in the
stopping power.
i may need to check the rear brakes to fix that. but it could be the
calipers...?

thoughts?

thanks!

james

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!