Re: [TR] TR250 Silver Stripe Paint Code

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR250 Silver Stripe Paint Code
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:27:16 +0100
To be honest, Darrell - I thought they were all adhesive. Well remember
touching the edges and feeling a 'ridge' of what I thought was thin tape. The
masking off job to spray paint a bonnet under production conditions would
probably have resulted in a less than 'quality' finish and diversion of the
body off the main paint line to do it. Let's face it, the general paint finish
on TR's was never good and a pre-cut piece of tape with a simple jig to apply
it is likely to provide consistently acceptable results?

You Guys Love to confuse us don't you?

My Dear Sir, I think it's probably more of the popular misconception of
Standard-Triumph being like MG and all the others in the minds of most US
enthusiasts? Little old workshops, cranky old men with three pairs of
spectacles and roses over the doorways :::)))? From what I've seen of
promulgated myths over the last few years, the vast majority seem to have
started your side of the pond and I picked them up on lists like this :::)))
It's you who's confusing us!

Cheers, JM