Re: [TR] TR250 Silver Stripe Paint Code

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR250 Silver Stripe Paint Code
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:28:09 +0100
AFAIK, all the stripes were fitted/painted at the factory. Can't see what
useful purpose would have been served in getting the dealers to fit them -
unless the car was transit damaged. Even if it was, this is something that
would have been fixed by the importing company prior to release to the dealer.
I well recall earning valuable extra overtime on Saturdays by carrying out
stockchecks at the Honeybourne transit park on TR5's and 250's. Quite apart
from checking the commission numbers fixed to the screen, the only immediate
'distant' identifier was the stripe. When confronted with up to 10,000 cars in
one parking lot in (fairly) neat rows, you look for the one distinguishing
feature - and that's the stripe.

Jonmac