RE: Instrument Bulbs

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil007@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Instrument Bulbs
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:31:48 -0700
        Bill:

        Simply relamping your instruments will make a world of
difference. The 35 year old
bulbs in our instruments have dimmed substantially from their original
output, due
to deposition of tungsten on the inside of the glass envelopes.
        I relamped all my instruments, and while not blindingly bright
they are now
pretty satisfactory without some sort of hacked together, one-off
solution. It's cheap,
give it a try.

        Vance