RE: Weight Curious?

To: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>,
Subject: RE: Weight Curious?
From: "Donald LeBrun" <del@re-comm.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:44:50 -0500
Shawn,

I was poking fun at the BL term 'side impact beams' more than anything else.
30 years ago BL used the term to describe an item that today we Americans
take to mean something entirely different; i.e.: protecting the car vs.
protecting the occupants.  I had not heard them referred to as side impact
beams before.

I did know about the changes mentioned by Jim, but I had heard that this
channel was added just to stiffen the door skin.  Like I have heard said
before, even though we both speak English we really do not speak the same
language. :o)

Don