RE: Weight Curious?

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Weight Curious?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:52:00 -0800
        In the state of Oregon, the truck scales are turned on all the
time at most weigh stations, even if the station is closed. You can just
drive in to a "closed" weigh station and pull onto the scales, and the
big digital readout gives you the weight at no cost....
        In addition to the bumpers and air pump, there was some serious
buttressing of the bumper supports so that the frame took more of the
impact when the rubber bumpers hit something. I can't imagine that all
of that weighed much more than 100 lbs though.
        The overdrive added almost 30 lbs, what else? The dual exhaust
added a few pounds... So that's all I can think of...

                Vance