RE: TR6 differential flanges

To: "Victor Colon" <vcolper@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 differential flanges
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:24:47 -0700
        Vic:

        You should not need to use a press. I suggest polishing the
woodruff keys with some 600 grit sandpaper, polishing each side
until it is smooth and shiny. Place the paper on a flat surface
and press down on the key while moving it in a figure 8. Don't
over do it.
        When reassembling the flanges use anti-seize, available at
any auto parts store. It is powdered lead in an oily carrier, and
you brush it on. This will keep it from seizing and will facilitate
the reassembly of the flange. Wipe off any excess when you are done.
        If you do this, tightening down the nut will pull the whole
thing
back together very neatly, and it will be cake to pull it all apart
in the distant future when you decide to do it again.

        Vance