Re: RE:Iron Butts

To: "Erik Sulcs" <aktifspeed@earthlink.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE:Iron Butts
From: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:30:16 -1000
Erik,

Here's how I did it:

Spend 3 weeks looking for a car on Ebay; Buy said car sight unseen; purchase
airline ticket for self and sucker who wants to go on road trip; pack
ducktape, screwdriver, flashlight, baling wire, pliers and lots of beer;
pick up car two days after worst snowstorm area has seen for years; spin car
three times in parking lot as you are leaving as you are from Hawaii and
they don't have snow; Head south and pray, pray, pray...

Seriously, it was the best trip of my life and I wouldn't trade it for
anything.  The list provided me with the items below that I should take and
I pass that on to you.  Most of the items fit into a small grip in my trunk.
My trip was to get it back as soon as possible as it was the dead of winter
in a new car so I can't offer site seeing trips.

ear plugs
3/8" pipe plug
something to plug 1/2" heater hose.
spare rotor
Phone #'s/catalog for The Roadster Factory, Victoria British, Moss
Carb diaphragm (2)
carb sync tool
insulated wire & connectors
bailing wire
electrical tape
duct tape
wire ties
bungy cords
journal
open end wrenches (non-metric)
screwdrivers
needle nose, regular pliers, crescent wrench and vice grips
Haynes repair manual
flashlight
hose clamps (different sizes)
flares