Dim Dash lights

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dim Dash lights
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 05:27:13 -0800 (PST)

This thread comes up frequently and you can no doubt find a lot more
information in the six pack archives.  The short explanation is that your
rtheostat is probably working properly, it's just another electrical inadequacy
of our LBCs.  Several people have suggested getting bulbs that have more
wattage or getting halogen bulbs to increase the brightness of the lights
however the heat the halogen bulbs generate may create problems for the colored
plastic used on some of the gauges.  Sources for the larger bulbs and halogen
lights have been discussed previously though I don't recall any of them at the
moment.  If anyone has had success in addressing this issue I would also be
interested.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6