RE: Power Loss Problem

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Power Loss Problem
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:47:24 -0600
Missed that, I'm not aware of fuel systems vapor locking while running, it's
possible after restarting on a hot day and no cool down, especially at my
altitude and the heat we get but I think he is from Michigan so the altitude
part is not applicable. The constant pressure should keep the vapor lock from
occuring. It's also possible that the blockage could occur after the inline
fuel pressure gauge. If the last thing the fuel passes through before being
split to the carbs is the pressure regulator, I would still look into that
item.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO

>===== Original Message From Walt Boeninger <walt.boeninger@hp.com> =====
>Of course, I think he said:
>
>  Checked fuel pressure while running down the road with gauge taped to
windshield
>  and saw no fluctuations when the power loss occurred.
>
>Fuel pressure was my first guess also.  How about the old fashioned
>vapor lock?  Does that ever happen on a TR?
>

>Shawn J. Loseke wrote:
>
>> It does sound fuel related. If your only fuel filter is after the pump then
>> the  pump could be getting clogged as well. Also, if your pressure
regulator
>> is the flat dial type available at most auto stores then it could have
failed,
>> they are not very good regulators. If all the lines seem clean try taking
the
>> regulator out of the equation and see what happens. Or try upping the
>> indicated pressure but watch for float bowl flooding.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: