RE: Power Loss Problem

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>, Peter Macholdt
Subject: RE: Power Loss Problem
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:26:02 -0600
It does sound fuel related. If your only fuel filter is after the pump then
the  pump could be getting clogged as well. Also, if your pressure regulator
is the flat dial type available at most auto stores then it could have failed,
they are not very good regulators. If all the lines seem clean try taking the
regulator out of the equation and see what happens. Or try upping the
indicated pressure but watch for float bowl flooding.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort COllins, CO

>===== Original Message From Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net> =====
>Hi Stu,
>
>Sound's like it could be a fuel problem.
>
>We have heard some negative things about those glass fuel filters. I'd try
>losing the glass version and getting a big old in line filter from your auto
>parts store. They have more filtering capacity than the glass filters.
>
>Peter
>'68 TR250
>

>on 9/1/04 11:11 PM, Carsickguy@aol.com at Carsickguy@aol.com wrote:
>

>> Fuel filter is glass see-through type and
>> it's clean too...

Check out the new British Cars Forum: