Re: Which manual(s) should I buy

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which manual(s) should I buy
From: HalMorton@webtv.net (Harold M. Morton)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:54:18 -0500 (CDT)
Bruce, listers,                                              I`ll
preface my reply by admitting to being an information junkie when it
comes to Triumphs. I`ll reiterate what others have already said- I think
the Bentley and Haynes are "must haves."  Dan Master`s  electrical book
is also invaluable, especially if, like me, you`re "electrically
challenged."                                                 As to where
to get them- eBay is an excellent source. I was lucky enough to pick up
an "as new" soft cover Haynes for $15.. And you often find good prices
on new or excellent used Bentleys.  Don`t neglect to look in Half.com
for bargains, too. And as Hugh said, Amazon offers "special" deals on
multiple purchases- sometimes with free shipping.
Finally, make use of the excellent tech info available on the various
Triumph sites. The Vintage Triumph Register site (www.vtr.org) has a
wealth of information, as does the Buckeye Triumphs site. Many of the
local VTR chapter sites and other British car sites have tech sections
as well.                                                             The
info is out there- with a little work you can find anything you need to
know.

Hal Morton                                                  Pascagoula,
MS