RE: Which manual(s) should I buy

To: "Bruce Robertson" <br@brucerobertson.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Which manual(s) should I buy
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:44:59 -0700
Bruce,

IMHO, generally the more manuals you can get, the better, as one manual may
not cover everything that you wish to know.  That said, I have several
manuals for my TR6.  Among the ones you list, the Bentley is a good choice
(I have that one).  I would avoid Clymer manuals, as they are generally
crap.  Another two you might want to add to your collection are:

How to Restore Triumph Tr5/250 & Tr6
by Roger Williams

Haynes Triumph TR5 & 6 (67 - 75) Repair Manual - Classic Reprint

Amazon.com used to have a deal where if you bought Williams' book and the
Bentley manual together, you got a price break.  The last one is, as far as
I know, only available from the Haynes UK website
http://www.haynes.co.uk/

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA