RE: Carburetor rebuild questions

To: "'David Friedlander'" <forzion@maine.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Carburetor rebuild questions
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 23:29:37 -0500
Dave,

It would be a good idea to disassemble the carb prior to cleaning! I
assumed that we were talking about cleaning the metal parts prior to a
rebuild.

I guess I was mistaken!

Apparently you can't get the stuff I was talking about anyway!

The old Hydroseal was not an acid, it was a base! It wasn't nasty at
all! It was called Hydroseal because it had about 2" of water on top.
The water kept the "good stuff" from evaporating.

It would swell o-rings to nearly 4 times their diameter.

Jim