RE: Carburetor rebuild questions

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Carburetor rebuild questions
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 21:17:18 -0500
The product is called Gunk Hydroseal!

The real stuff used to be available, (to the public), at the auto parts
store.

3 years ago I bought a five gallon pail with basket expecting it to be
the same as I had used in the late 80's. They do sell it in one gallon
cans, but they're too small.

The 5 gallon pail cost me $110.00, the original used to cost me $65.00.

I assumed that it must be the same stuff based on the price.

The old Hydroseal would clean pistons with hard carbon deposits to shiny
new.

Carbs would come out perfect bright, just like new!

I left my carb in the new stuff overnight...still not clean!

The old Hydroseal worked within one hour!

I suspect that you would have to go to a carb rebuild shop...or an
automotive machine shop to get good results.

The shop guys probably still have the "real" Gunk.

I doubt they would charge much to let you dunk your carbs for an hour!

Jim Swarthout