Re: Cylinder head gasket

To: Opntop@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cylinder head gasket
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:14:44 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 Opntop@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded, I'm studying the options available. To fit a '
> 74 cylinder head on an early ( TR250 ) block do "I have to" use the gasket
> with locating grooves or can I use an early gasket? To have the grooves put
> in seems like major surgery. Trying to avoid a triumphless summer.
> Thanks
> Sal
> TR250

Use the early style head gasket. You would have to use the late-style
manifold gasket for the intake/exhaust.

Don't worry about the sealing ring groove in the block.

FWIW, when racers "index" the block, the sealing groove gets milled away
so they have to use the early style head gasket (or a metal gasket such as
copper).

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |