(no subject)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: JHMDDS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 01:58:31 EDT
I'm doing a frame up restoration on my Tr6 and am having a problem with
tightness in the front suspension.  With the chassis up on four jack stands
and the suspension all together, the vertical links are next to impossible to
turn.  The steering rack moves freely when not attached to the vertical
links.  My mechanic thought that maybe the trunions were too tight but when
some of the spring tension is released with a spring compressor, the links
turn easily.  The ball joints and trunions are all new, properly greased and
the springs are the mild competition type.  Thanks for any help.
Jamie Maddox
75 Tr6
Asheville, NC