Re: TR6 performance camshaft information

To: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 performance camshaft information
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:16:07 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

If you want to see a lot of data on 2.5 litre (and 2.0 litre) six-cylinder
Triumphs performance modes, check out:

http://www.kvaleberg.com/t2000.html

In the "tuning" section, there's a whole lotta stuff on camshaft grinds.

BTW, this site has a lot of really interesting stuff. I kinda wish there
were more 2.5 saloon cars in the states, they look like hot little cars!

I'll try to dig out the specs on my Rick Cline cam tonite. FWIW, if you
want a good cam from someone other than the usual suspects, I highly
recommend Rick Cline. He does good work, is expensive, but things work
they way they're supposed to. But I'lll bet he won't give you all the
specs. After all, why should he? If he took the time/effort to figure them
out why should he _give_ the information away? THIS STUFF COSTS REAL
MONEY.

FWIW, I have an oddball cam that is labelled Reed 3772. I guess that it's
equivalent to the TT SSprint cam...I'm not even sure where I got the cam
(I went through a "cam phase" a while back and wound up with 5 or 6 cams),
but that's the next one to go in the race car. With the 12.5:1 head, I'll
be more up in the 180 HP range. Yeeeeeha!

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |